The European Federation of Neurological Associations [EFNA] is an umbrella group representing pan-European neurology patient groups.
Our slogan ‘Empowering Patient Neurology Groups’ encapsulates our goals as an Association. We strive to add capacity to our members – allowing them to be the most effective advocates possible in their own disease specific areas.
EFNA embraces the concept of Partnership for Progress – working at a high level with relevant stakeholders from the fields of policy, medical, scientific/research, industry, patient partners and other key opinion leaders.
A better quality of life for people in Europe living with a neurological disorder.
- To be a voice for neurology patients across Europe.
- To raise awareness of the prevalence and impact of neurological disorders; leading to reduced stigma, isolation and discrimination for neurological patients and their carers.
- To ensure policy makers, opinion leaders and decision makers in Europe –and worldwide –recognize the increasing socio-economic and healthcare burden of neurological disorders and allocate resources for prevention, treatment, services and support.
- To communicate and collaborate with our members to achieve positive change and ensure our actions add value to their own concerns and activities.
- To motivate, inspire and empower those living with neurological disorders,leading to more meaningful involvement and engagement of patient advocates in policy and decision making, and in research and development.
- To establish strong partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders in the scientific, clinical, political and corporate arenas to help achieve our strategic objectives.
Our mission will be advanced based upon the following three strategic areas for action:
– Awareness and Advocacy for Neurology
– Coordination of and Collaboration with the Neurology Community
– Empowering and Integrating the Neurology Patient Voice
Read more about these strategic goals in EFNA’s Strategic Plan, available here.