This module has been developed in partnership with the Women’s Brain Project.
Presenter: Maria Teresa Ferretti, Co-founder and CSO, Women’s Brain Project
Duration: 40 mins total
This module is designed to give an overview of research models and key research questions that can be used to promote precision medicine and ultimately personalised healthcare across the patient journey. Participants will be given an overview of pre-clinical and clinical research models used in drug development. You will learn the importance of such models for the patient journey and will be encouraged to take action and advocate for precision medicine in research.
When you have finished all sections of the module be sure to take the associated quiz and obtain your certificate of completion!
About patient involvement in research...
- Ferretti TED-x Torino https://www.tedxtorino.com/video/maria-teresa-ferretti-listen-to-one-patient-to-help-a-million/
- Get involved: https://www.dimesociety.org/
- Mrs Sofia Petersson, a person living with familial Alzheimer's disease, and her drive to be part of research: https://www.womensbrainproject.com/sofias-corner/
More on digital biomarkers...
- Academic book- Sex and Gender Bias in Technology and Artificial Intelligence: https://www.elsevier.com/books/sex-and-gender-bias-in-technology-and-artificial-intelligence/cirillo/978-0-12-821392-6
- Webinar: https://www.womensbrainproject.com/sex-gender-differences-biases-ai-for-healthcare/
- Blog post: https://www.womensbrainproject.com/digital-biomarkers/
- WBP Forum 2020: Novel technologies for brain & mental health: https://youtu.be/yslDefepypQ