Personalised medicine is a medical model that aims to provide tailor-made prevention and treatment strategies for defined groups of individuals. This usually involves genomics, information technology and patient empowerment. However, at EFNA, we feel it’s important to go beyond medicine only and look toward personalised health and social care – tailoring medical management and patient care to the needs of the individual.
This is why, in 2021, our Training Initiatives for Neurology Advocates will focus on this theme, while our annual grants scheme will support work led by non-profit organisations in this area for the benefit of neurology patients.
If you’ve got a project idea that is aligned with our focus on personalised healthcare, why not apply for one of our grants today?
We will fund up to 10 projects from our total grant fund of €30,000.
Your project might be about:
- Promoting meaningful patient engagement e.g. via training workshops, capacity building activities, etc.
- Mapping and disseminating personalised healthcare needs/solutions in your community
- Raising awareness of preventative strategies in your disease area
- Enabling shared decision making
- Developing an IT solution for improved disease management
- Advocating for access to care
… and so on
Judges will be looking for projects that are:
- Clearly linked to the theme of personalised healthcare
- Examples of good practice and scalable in other disease areas/regions
- Achievable and implementable with the available budget/timeframe
- Leading to tangible results and benefits for patients
Deadline for application: Friday, June 18th 2021.
|Start of the application period
|Monday, April 19th 2021
|End of the application period
|Friday, June 18th 2021
|Monday, June 21st to Friday, June 30th 2021
|Wednesday, July 22nd
|Project status update
|Friday, October 22nd 2021
|Project completion & final report
|Monday, February 28th 2022